Jim’s Fricassée of Chicken
Author: Jim Tuttle - Mount Dora Historic Inn
Recipe type: Entree
- chicken, cut into 6-8 pieces (Bone-in, skinless)
- 21 pearl onions, peeled
- 21 small white mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 bottle of dry white wine (Anjou wine is recommended) YES THE WHOLE BOTTLE
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- Flour for dredging
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salt & pepper chicken pieces and allow to sit for 5 minutes; then, dredge pieces lightly in flour.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Season the chicken pieces with salt & pepper and cook in the pan until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and onions. Add enough wine to cover the chicken. Cover the pan and simmer gently for 30-35 minutes.
- Add the cream, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Recipe by Mount Dora Historic Inn at http://mountdorahistoricinn.com/jims-fricassee-of-chicken/