Roasted Goat Cheese with Honey and Basil
Author: Jim Tuttle - Mount Dora Historic Inn
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 ounces of quality goat cheese (freeze for 20 minutes prior to use), if you can get past the molded rind I recommend the Bonde de Gatine cheese
- 1/3 cup of pure honey
- 2 tbsp of chopped, fresh Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper—this is a non-inflammatory option for pepper
- In a small bowl combine your chopped basil, honey and white pepper. If you are using balsamic vinegar add 2, tsp and whisk to blend. Allow to marry (a formal union; and sometimes informal) for at least 1 hour prior to use.
- Slice the very cold cheese in to 8 rounds--wet your knife with water or lightly spray with pam before each slice
- Arrange them on a lightly Pammed (the non-stick spray, not the person) baking sheet.
- Roast under a preheated broiler until lightly browned.
- Plate your rounds on appetizer-sized plates
- Whisk your honey mixture briskly to combine ingredients and drizzle a tsp over each cheese round
- Serve at once and enjoy!
- Finally, prepare yourself for praises
Recipe by Mount Dora Historic Inn at http://mountdorahistoricinn.com/roasted-goat-cheese/