Peach Ricotta Pancakes
Jim Tuttle-Mount Dora Historic Inn
- 7 ½ oz. Ricotta Cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 capfuls vanilla
- stick melted butter
- 2 cups self-rising flour (Bisquick works well)
- 29 oz. can peaches
- Blend the first four ingredients well. In the same bowl, mix 3 large eggs cracked separately to ensure no eggshells in batter
- In the same bowl, mix 2 cups self rising flour (Bisquick works well)
- Blend this batch of ingredients very well
- In the same bowl as above, add one, 29 oz. can peaches drained & diced, fold into above ingredients
- Lightly brown both sides of pancakes on griddle; these cook quickly so don’t leave unattended. Flip quickly; flipping slowly may cause a major mess.
- Place pancakes in oven at 300 degrees. Cook on one side for 10 minutes and flip over and cook other side for another 10 minutes. This additional cooking sets the center of the pancake before serving.